Sunday 9 February 2014

Five Good Things This Week

Fun stuff this week! Nothing overly special, and I don't have any pictures, but it is the little things that count

1. I took my flatmate skating for the first time. She's never been on ice before, she's from England if that explains it, but she bought skates earlier in the week with the aim of learning how to skate over the winter. I've skated for twenty years and have taught one or two other people to skate, so I offered to teach her. She was amazing. I only had to support her for about thirty minutes, out of the one hour we were out, before she figured out her balance, how to propel herself forward, and speed control. She kept telling me how much she loved it and that made me really happy. We are hopefully going to go weekly!

2. I hit all my exercise goals for the week! 


3. My friends and I had a fun Olympic Opening Ceremony party on Friday. It was less watching them as much as it was critiquing the outfits of the various teams (Canada still has the best alternative to waving flags via our maple leaf mittens) and drinking and eating pizza.

4. Saturday was my first official day NSOing for Tampere Roller Derby! TRD played against the Hamburg Harbour Girls and won both of their games. I was only needed for the first bout, but I still had tons of fun. I really enjoy the position I was in and the NSO (Non Skating Official) crew is just lovely. Some of my friends came and I'm really glad they all enjoy it and derby is being spread around. I'm going to do a derby post at the end of the month, hopefully, so keep watching this space!

5. I've come to terms with going back to Toronto for the summer. It's going to be too expensive for me to stay in Tampere during the summer and I've basically already got my old job back in Toronto. I asked my dad and he is more than okay with me staying at his place over the summer again. I also feel that I will be able to get a work placement, which is required for my program, in Toronto much easier than in Tampere. And I do miss Toronto, and my friends and family, since I haven't been there since August. It should be a pretty fun summer even though I won't be in Finland, but I will be back here in September.


Next week shall consist of more exercise and skating, watching some more Olympics, and two birthday parties. Here's to being positive!

Don't forget to follow me on Tumblr and Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment