Sunday 23 February 2014

Five Good Things This Week

Another sorta lame week even though it actually wasn't. I'm still feeling a bit out of sorts, but I shall push through!


1. I went ice skating on Monday. That's not much different than most weeks since I try to go once a week. However, it's been so warm lately here in Tampere all the outdoor rinks have gone out of commission. So how did I manage to go skating? I went underground! Finland is nifty and puts lots of stuff underground, like infrastructure, to help with sprawl. I didn't think they put ice rinks underground (this one is actually two rinks), but it was really neat and convenient for those of us that are not done ice skating this year!


2. I went to Helsinki on Wednesday. It was a school trip to the studio of the biggest commercial television station in Finland. It was really interesting and then later my classmates and I went for drinks and food. It was a fun, albeit long, day.
These were our visitor badges from the tv studio. We got to keep them

Looking out onto the Gulf of Finland. More on my Instagram



3. I finally got to go into what I think is the prettiest building in Helsinki. I always thought that Kappeli was a fancy restaurant, but as my friends and I were walking around before our train, my Finnish friend said they also have a little coffee bar so we went in! It was expensive, I didn't get anything, but it is just so pretty in there. I'd really like to go back in the spring or summer.
Pictures don't do it justice. This is just one part of the building. 

So pretty inside as well!
4. I did a lot of school work today and yesterday. It always seems to be a constant drip of work that I have to do so I can get a bit discouraged, but I think I've worked it out to make a list for what I want to do during those days and it helps me organise a bit better and feel like I actually did something


5. Canada won Gold in Men's and Women's Olympic Hockey! It's a big deal.



That's it for this week. Next week is going to be quite busy with quite a bit more school work. As always, I'll be exercising as much as possible (on Saturday I want to walk the path I found for roller skating to see what it's like) and sticking in some fun stuff, I'm sure. 

Don't forget to follow me on Tumblr and Instagram!!

No comments:

Post a Comment