Sunday 16 February 2014

Five Good Things This Week

I've felt sorta blah this week. Nothing has been happening and I feel like I'm stuck in a bit of rut. I've started to make plans for stuff in the summer and it can't come quick enough, but until then I'll keep looking at the nice things that happen, not matter how small. On to good things this week!


1. Tuesday was a friend's superhero themed birthday party at one of my favourite bars. I went as my all time favourite, fellow canucklehead with goofy hair, Wolverine.
It still needs about a million more spikes, but my vest is still way cooler than your vest. 

Went with blue and yellow since it's probably his most well known costume colours. Also, I've got demon eyes for some reason...


2. I feel like I'm making strides in my exercising. I didn't do much on Thursday and Friday, but I feel like I'm getting stronger.


3. Friday was another themed party, this time it was Moomins! I went as a flowery looking horse that I remember from the comics I've got back in Canada, which I've been told is called Primadonna's Horse. It was a bit of a messy party for some, and I woke up with a bitch of a hangover, but it was fun nonetheless!
Really obscure character, but I think I pulled it off well! * I ended up making and wearing antlers/antennae as well *



4. Probably triggered by Tuesday's superhero party, I've been on a huge Wolverine and X-Men kick lately and I've finally started reading the comics. I've been a fan since I was about ten. As silly as the films and television shows are, I just love them and Wolverine is possibly to blame for my love of sassy men (he was my first fictional crush). I've always wanted to read the comics, but 1) I've never known where to start and 2) always been intimidated by the sheer amount of comics and story arcs. After reading about where a good place to start is and getting some stuff from a friend, I've already gotten through half of Wolverine: Origins, started on Dark Wolverine and have a pile of others to waiting for me (Gambit is also another favourite of mine, so I've got most of his stuff queued up as well). I'm really enjoying them and I'm not as lost as I thought I was gonna be * praises self for spending countless hours on X-men wiki's instead of doing other things *



5. Canada beat Finland in men's Olympic hockey tonight. As much as I love Finland, I have to cheer for my home country, especially when I'm in a different country. 


We all wanted to watch ALL the sports so we had 3 screens going at the same time. * Taken from my friend's Facebook since the photo I took didn't turn out well *

That's it for another week! Next week I'm going to Helsinki for a field trip, going skating on Monday, have a shit ton of school work to do, and loads of roller derby stuff on Friday night. And I'll also get some exercise, comic reading, and Olympics watching done in-between all that! 

Don't forget to follow me on Tumblr and Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment