Monday 10 March 2014

5 Good Things This Week

I totally forgot what day it was; last week was very busy and I guess it led me to think it wasn't going to end! Not that it was busy in a bad sense, I was just having a fun week. I remembered to do this last night while I was with friends, then I remembered again while I was out for a walk but that was at about kilometer 3 of my almost 8 kilometer walk. Anyways, on we go!


1) Monday and Tuesday were food making days. On Monday my friends and I made Laskiaspulla, which is a sweet cardamom bun filled with whipped cream and jam (the traditional way is with whipped cream and almond paste, so I've been told). They are on sale everywhere before Lent starts. We all wanted to try our hand at making them and they turned out fantastic! They were so yummy that my flatmate and I made some yesterday, sans filling, and we've already eaten most of them. It was also the first time I have used yeast and now I'm not afraid to use it; I even made bread from scratch on Wednesday!
Tuesday was Shrove Tuesday, which in Canada means Pancake Day! Everyone came over to my very clean apartment (my one flatmate that is not tidy at all was gone for the whole week so we had the opportunity to keep the place clean all week) and we feasted on all sorts of pancakes. Thin English pancakes with lemon and sugar, fluffy Canadian and American pancakes with various toppings, and savory German pancakes. It was a night full of yummy eats, good music, and tons of laughs

They taste better than they look. And they look amazing
ALL the pancake toppings!
First time baking bread was a success! Rosemary and garlic bread (there's none left...)



2) I went to bed and woke up at a decent time all week and it's starting to become a routine for me. I was even up and dressed before 8am on the day my flatmate and I had class at 9. Im usually up about 15 minutes before we have to leave, so being up and dressed before her and still having over and hour before the bus was nice for once.


3) I watched an awesome film this week. It's called Prisoners and just came out in late 2013 and is the first film in a long time that I want to watch again. There was so much detail to it and I don't think I absorbed it enough with just one viewing. Jake Gyllenhaal and Hugh Jackman were both phenomenal and Im so shocked it was looked over by The Oscars. I definitely recommend it.
Seriously, go watch it. *picture from Google Images*


4) Saturday was a fun filled day, and it was sunny ALL day! I met my flatmate and some other friends and we went for Nepalese food, which I had never had before and it was so yummy. Then my flatmate, another friend and I went shopping and I finally bought a new bathing suit and had some munkki and coffee from Pyynikki. And finally, my friends and I went to watch a hockey game. It was Ilves (one of the Tampere teams and the one my flatmate and I cheer for) against Blues (Espoo). Ilves lost, but it was lots of fun and we had awesome seats. We will definitely be going to another one soon.
It was very windy all day so the sun got covered by clouds from time to time, but my friends and I were sat here for 20 minutes basking the the sun when it came out. 

Half of my new bathing suit. Sv kvlt
Hockey Night in Tampere



5) Last night my flatmate and I went to a friend's place to watch a tv show that the singer from Reckless Love is in and it was hilarious. It's a sort of singing contest where the artists compete each week in a different genre and the more votes they get, the more stars they get which determines the winner in the end. Last night they did gangster rap and if you know anything about Reckless Love, you'll know how hilarious it was. 
A promo picture for the show. This photo has been on billboards in Tampere for over a week and I almost died laughing the first time I saw it. *photo from Olli Herman's Official Facebook page*

That's it for last week! This week is going to be quite busy with school but also with fun stuff. Tomorrow I'm seeing Apocalyptica perform with an orchestra at Tampere Talo (I haven't seen them live since 2008) and I think at least once this week I'll be going out for drinks with friends. Here's to fun stuff over the week!

Don't forget to follow me on Tumblr and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment