Sunday 12 January 2014

5 Good Things

So my friend started the New Year off by saying it might be fun to post five good things that happen to her each week. I thought it was a wonderful idea and decided I'd do that same and post here. It's a positive way to sum up and reflect on my week, and I'd be able to post more on here! So here are my five good things from Jan 5-12, 2014. 
It was a hard week. First week back at school and intensive courses for 3 of those days. Im definitely wiped out from last week, but there were some good things. 

1) We got a decent amount of snow! 
I love winter, having basically been on a ski hill since I was 3. We've had rainy and grey weather for the longest time and it was really getting on my nerves. We finally got some snow yesterday and today and I'm so happy!
Look at all that lovely snow! More photos on instagram.com/lilacviking
2) Two nights of roller derby
I'm an NSO (Non Skating Official) for Tampere Roller Derby. This week I got to help officiate a bout between the Tampere Rollin' Bros and Helsinki Roller Derby A Team. Helsinki won and it was lots of fun being Pentalty Box Timer for the second time! Friday night was just a normal scrimmage between the TRD Fresh Meat (the new girls) and I was PBT again. I actually had to teach someone to be PBT and she did a good job!

3) I've started to make a conscious effort not to eat so much crap. Today was a cheat day, but I've been good other than that!

4) My snow pants that I barely fit in last Christmas are now much too big for me!

5) I just got back from a lovely brunch with friends and then we went tobogganing. I hit a rock really hard and hurt my bum quite a bit, but it was still a wonderful Sunday.

My friends and I have a few more things planned in the upcoming weeks, so I should have lots to talk about!

No comments:

Post a Comment